FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Valid License for Dsp builder in Trial Version of Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Members 

I was trying to simulate some tutorial examples. While compiling i get following error. Its something about license. I already have license for Matlab 2013. Do i need to have separate license for DSP builder. I am using Quartus trial version.Thanks for helping. 

Matlab Error 

Error using alt_dspbuilder_mdl2xml (line 36) 

Java exception occurred:  

com.altera.dspbuilder.common.DSPBuilderException: Unable to obtain a DSP Builder license. Please check that your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to a valid license file or license server. LM_LICENSE_FILE is currently "". 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Contact your Altera FAE or from whomever you got the trial license. If you have not explicitly requested to include a DSP Builder license it is unlikely that it is included. If you use the Quartus Web edition it does not include a DSP Builder license.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks schmalish. I will get license soon.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Quartus II license does not include the DSP builder, therefore, you have to contact your local sales representative to generate a 60 days evaluation license. Please note that, you must have a matlab license as well, which does not given by Altera.

0 Kudos