FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

What is the best way to generate a multi-port front end using the EMIF for a Cyclone 10 GX device?

JHaye4
New Contributor I

Using the old SDRAM controllers they had support for multiple ports to use the same memory controller. This IP is not available in Quartus Pro for Cyclone 10 as far as I can see, what is the best way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The multi-port front end is a hard memory controller feature of Cyclone V devices. Cyclone 10 GX simply doesn't have this hardware, so you wouldn't be able to do this. The memory architecture for Cyclone 10 GX is similar to Arria 10 so it is an Avalon slave interface which multiple Avalon masters could access.

#iwork4intel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The multi-port front end is a hard memory controller feature of Cyclone V devices. Cyclone 10 GX simply doesn't have this hardware, so you wouldn't be able to do this. The memory architecture for Cyclone 10 GX is similar to Arria 10 so it is an Avalon slave interface which multiple Avalon masters could access.

#iwork4intel

JHaye4
New Contributor I

Thank you very much, that makes sense.

0 Kudos
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

TQ @sstrell​ 😊 Totally agree with your point !

0 Kudos