FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Where is the HTML-report for altera_fir_compiler_ii documented?

ONors
New Contributor I

When generating an altera_fir_compiler_ii a HTML file is produced. This HTML-file appears to be some kind of report or documentation. There is a name-value list called Parameters. For most of the name-value pairs I can make educated guesses of the meaning based on the name and value, but others are a mystery to me. I do not find these names in the documentation ug_fir_compiler_ii.pdf. Are they documented elsewhere?

For instance what does coeffSetRealValueImag mean? Have the generator produced imaginary coefficients in a all real filter (real input, real coefficients and real outputs)? And if so why are there fewer imaginary values than real? The coefficients I imported had only real parts and when I export them back to a text file I see no imaginary parts.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to FIR II generated file. Just would like to check with you which Quartus version and device are you using? As I tested generating FIR II with CV in Q17.0Std, I do not observe any HTML file generated in the HDL folder. Would you mind to further elaborate on the specific HTML file that you are referring to?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ONors
New Contributor I

I am using Quartus Prime Version 16.1.2 Build 203 01/18/2017 SJ Standard Edition and I am targeting Arria 10, specifically 10AS066H2F34I1SG. The hmtl file is not put in the HDL directory. My project is called pff. Under the top directory there is a directory called pff. In that directory there is a file called pff.html. <top_dir>/pff/pff.html. The file is attached compressed using xz since attaching html was not allowed.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

thanks for your update. I am able to view the generated html after creating a project and instantiate the FIR II IP. As I look into the html, it seems to be IP internal parameters which define the instantiation. Since it is for IP internal usage, user can ignore it. User should focus on the parameters available from the IP Editor. Just would like to check with you if you encounter any problem during set up in IP Editor? Or if you have any specific inquiry related to any parameter in the IP Editor so that I could help to further clarify.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ONors
New Contributor I

The parameters in the IP Editor GUI is clear enough, no problems there. I do not suspect that I have any problems with the IP Editor.

Is there a way I can parameterize an IP from a list of parameters in a script without user interaction and without a GUI? If so, where can I find a guide on how to do so? This would be nice since it would remove some manual task and it will allow me to keep settings in a central place as opposed to values scattered and duplicated around in various GUIs that require manual editing.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Regarding your latest inquiry on parameterize an IP using script, sorry as I am not aware specific method on this. Generally, it is recommended to use IP Editor to instantiate and generate the IP files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
ONors
New Contributor I

That explains why I could not find any documentation on the subject. Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

You are most welcome.

0 Kudos