FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Which programming file format should be used for partial programming of serial flash with remote update feature?

PJancso
Beginner

My goal is to implement remote update feature. The Cyclone V GX FPGA is connected to EPCQ256 in ASx4 mode, in which I store factory image at 0x0 address and an application image at 0x800000 address.

To interface the flash generic serial flash interface is used. With that I

can read/erase/program the flash without any problem.

When I program the whole flash with USB blaster (JIC file), I can switch between factory and application image back and forth.

However when I erase that memory area, program a new application image in the flash, then try to load this image, it falls back to factory image.

I am using RBF file format, but I am not sure if this is the correct one.

Have anyone run into similar issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi, You are not suppose to use RBF file. Please generate RPD file which is the correct file for Active Serial configuration. You can generate the RPD file when you convert SOF to POF file with the "Generate RPD file" tick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee
Hi, You are not suppose to use RBF file. Please generate RPD file which is the correct file for Active Serial configuration. You can generate the RPD file when you convert SOF to POF file with the "Generate RPD file" tick.
0 Kudos
HBhat2
New Contributor II

@JohnT_Intel 

@PJancso 

@Sethuraman_K_Intel 

Hi, can any one tell the how to update remote fpga ip and how to configure that Ip to generic serial flash interface IP. if possible update the refernce design example and document

Thank You

ashwini

0 Kudos