FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Your IP for 5G LDPC decoder has nearly 800 bits data (384 for sink_data and 384 for sour_data and others). Is it possible for ASIC designing? Is it so that 800 I/O pins for ASIC?

AVerm22
Beginner

I referred Intel 5G LDPC FPGA IP user guide manual where i found in the LDPC decoder there are 384 bits of sink_data (IN_WIDTH = 6) at the input side for the LLRs data and 384 decoded bits for output. You states that 64 LLRs (means 384 bit data) is loaded at every clock cycle. For ASIC implementation, there should  be 384 pins (64*6-bits for LLR) for at the input sides. Is it so?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the 5G LDPC decoder and ASIC designing. Sorry as I am not familiar with ASIC design and could not really comment further on this. However, if I understand it correctly, generally this decoder will be data fed by other module ie module which convert the transmitted serial bit stream to LLR. In FPGA, the interconnect will be within FPGA.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
晓孙0002
Beginner

you can generate same data from matlab,Save them to ram, do download the xxx.sof contains a 5G ldpc to FPGA,when i program , i find the signal sink_ready always low

0 Kudos