FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

altera_mult_add

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey folks, 

I'm trying to using the new (Quartus 13.0, Stratix V) altera_mult_add IP. I just want to include the library at the top and drop the LPM component in without using the MegaWizard. 

In the Megafunction User Guide, I would include 

library altera_lnsim; 

use altera_lnsim.altera_lnsim_components.all; 

I have compiled altera_lnsim library (altera_lnsim_components is contained in both directories, \eda\sim_lib and \quartus\libraries\vhdl), I'm not sure what the difference is. 

When I load the simulation I get "component instance 'altera_mult_add' is not bound" 

When I look in the MegaWizard generated file it is not pointing to the altera_lnsim library. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

Also, probably more of a question for Altera, but why did they have to create a separate function for Stratix V, I need to compile for Stratix IV device also and I have to use a different IP core? I realize their may be architectural differences, but it's just really annoying having to make a major edit to my IP every time I change device.
0 Kudos
0 Replies