FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6367 Discussions

altfp_matrix_mult compilation problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

firstly, there is a probem between the floating point megafunction datasheet and the examples zip package, there are not synchronized. The example described for altfp_matrix_mult in datasheet is not the same as one in package.  

Now the probem : I unzip the altfp_matrix_mult example I open it with quartus 11.0, and I run mdelsim-altera, I can simulate the example. In this case, with modelsim I can change data and it works. But if I compile the example in quartus then an error stop compilation ( without modifying the characteristics of the function ) . I've found in this forum how to add altfpc_lib.vhd -library altfpc_lib in project ( not well describe in datasheet) , I thought my problem came from that, but not, the error text is : 

Error: MGL_INTERNAL_ERROR: Port altfp_matrix_mult|altfp_matrix_mult_aamat inst altfp_matrix_mult_aamat5|dffe inst rowcountff|q is of width 1 but the range indices are (1, 1) CAUSE : The range indices are illegal, either the higher index is more than the width of the port or the lower index is less than 0. 

Info: Elaborating entity "altfp_matrix_mult" for hierarchy "altfp_matrix_mult:ALTFP_MATRIX_MULT_component" 

Error: Symbolic name "VEC_SIZE" is used but not defined 

Error: Group range of arithmetic expression contains negative number -1, but numbers in group ranges cannot be negative 

Error: Group range of arithmetic expression contains negative number -1, but numbers in group ranges cannot be negative 

Error: Assertion error: Valid clear box generator not found or Errors encountered during clear box generation 

I've try a lot of thing during about 1 month wiithout good results, then I have made a request on altera support and in this forum. 

Thanks for ideas and suggestions 

Best regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you solved it? I've got the exactly same problem,

0 Kudos