FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

altfp_matrix_mult compilation problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

firstly, there is a probem between the floating point megafunction datasheet and the examples zip package, there are not synchronized. The example described for altfp_matrix_mult in datasheet is not the same as one in package.  

Now the probem : I unzip the altfp_matrix_mult example I open it with quartus 11.0, and I run mdelsim-altera, I can simulate the example. In this case, with modelsim I can change data and it works. But if I compile the example in quartus then an error stop compilation ( without modifying the characteristics of the function ) . I've found in this forum how to add altfpc_lib.vhd -library altfpc_lib in project ( not well describe in datasheet) , I thought my problem came from that, but not, the error text is : 

Error: MGL_INTERNAL_ERROR: Port altfp_matrix_mult|altfp_matrix_mult_aamat inst altfp_matrix_mult_aamat5|dffe inst rowcountff|q is of width 1 but the range indices are (1, 1) CAUSE : The range indices are illegal, either the higher index is more than the width of the port or the lower index is less than 0. 

Info: Elaborating entity "altfp_matrix_mult" for hierarchy "altfp_matrix_mult:ALTFP_MATRIX_MULT_component" 

Error: Symbolic name "VEC_SIZE" is used but not defined 

Error: Group range of arithmetic expression contains negative number -1, but numbers in group ranges cannot be negative 

Error: Group range of arithmetic expression contains negative number -1, but numbers in group ranges cannot be negative 

Error: Assertion error: Valid clear box generator not found or Errors encountered during clear box generation 

I've try a lot of thing during about 1 month wiithout good results, then I have made a request on altera support and in this forum. 

Thanks for ideas and suggestions 

Best regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you solved it? I've got the exactly same problem,