FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

frame buffer writer and reader only mode

Luigi_Leonardo
Beginner

Hi dear,
I'm triyng to realize a system in which one frame buffer (write mode), stores data in one external memory. Then by the NIOS I would like to buffer this data in another area of memory and then by a second frame buffer (read mode) I would like to send this frame to the CVO.
The pipe should be something like this TPG - w_frame_buffer - NIOS - r_frame_buffer - cvo.
Does some example design exist like this?

I'm at the moment reading the writer frame buffer from nios. But I'm not able to generate a correct stream video by the reader frame buffer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the frame buffer which has NIOs as intermediate. Sorry as I am not aware of any specific example like this. Based on my understanding, generally the setup that I have come across does not have NIOs to transfer the data from frame buffer. For example, one setup would looks like TPG -> de-interlacer -> frame buffer -> CVO.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos