FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5742 Discussions

frame buffer writer and reader only mode

Luigi_Leonardo
Beginner

Hi dear,
I'm triyng to realize a system in which one frame buffer (write mode), stores data in one external memory. Then by the NIOS I would like to buffer this data in another area of memory and then by a second frame buffer (read mode) I would like to send this frame to the CVO.
The pipe should be something like this TPG - w_frame_buffer - NIOS - r_frame_buffer - cvo.
Does some example design exist like this?

I'm at the moment reading the writer frame buffer from nios. But I'm not able to generate a correct stream video by the reader frame buffer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the frame buffer which has NIOs as intermediate. Sorry as I am not aware of any specific example like this. Based on my understanding, generally the setup that I have come across does not have NIOs to transfer the data from frame buffer. For example, one setup would looks like TPG -> de-interlacer -> frame buffer -> CVO.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to follow up with you on this. Thank you.

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.