FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

help!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry disturb engineers, I am a student in graduate design using the FFT and the RS of the IP core, and now I want the hardware to test my program, so ask for a free trial ALTERA IP core is only can be downloaded to the hardware again? How valid is going on? 

thanks for your time!
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't understand your question... If you have a development kit, you have a CD with the Quartus software on it. You can also download Quartus from the Altera web site. 

You can install the web edition which is free and will let you try your design on the development kit.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for you timely reply.I am very sorry not have express my problem clearly.I just want to know how much time can the free IP be downloaded to the device?I heard someone that it can only be downloaded to the device just for once,is it that true? 

i want to test my program on the hardware with the free IP core. 

thank you for your time !can you reply me soon?  

best wishes!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can download it multiple times. It will only work if you keep the USB cable connected and don't close the opencores evaluation window. 

If you disconnect the SB cable it will work for a limited period (1 hour, usually).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much! After I verify my program I may let the cable disconnected.but the next time can I use it also?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I mean can i use it the second time after a few days I disconnected the cable ? 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I mean can i use it the second time after a few days I disconnected the cable ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

anyway thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can reuse it after having disconnected the cable, but you will need to upload your design into the FPGA again first.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you again for you timely reply !I can reuse it after having disconnected the cable, but I will need to upload my design into the FPGA again first.so I need to download my program to the device(EP1C12Q240C8),but I don't need to download the IPcore from the ALTERA website again?is that right?can i use it without connect the internet? 

thank you !
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I want the hardware to test my program, I encountered some problems when downloading: 

the problem :file c:/documents and settings/ofdm/ofdm_sch_time_limited.sof contains one or more time_limited megafunctions that support the opencore plus feature that will not work after the hardware evaluation time expires.refer to the messages window for evaluation time details. 

how can i solve this problem? thanks for your time!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I want the hardware to test my program, I encountered some problems when downloading: 

the problem :file c:/documents and settings/ofdm/ofdm_sch_time_limited.sof contains one or more time_limited megafunctions that support the opencore plus feature that will not work after the hardware evaluation time expires.refer to the messages window for evaluation time details. 

how can i solve this problem? thanks for your time!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you again for you timely reply !I can reuse it after having disconnected the cable, but I will need to upload my design into the FPGA again first.so I need to download my program to the device(EP1C12Q240C8),but I don't need to download the IPcore from the ALTERA website again?is that right?can i use it without connect the internet? 

thank you !
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't need to ask 5 times the same question. 

What you see isn't an error. You see this because you didn't pay for the licenses of some of the IP that you are using, As I said, this doesn't prevent the system from running and you from doing your tests. 

Once the system is compiled into a sof file, you can upload it as many times as you want and when you want to your FPGA. All you need is the Quartus programmer software, and you can use it without any Internet connection.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You don't need to ask 5 times the same question. 

What you see isn't an error. You see this because you didn't pay for the licenses of some of the IP that you are using, As I said, this doesn't prevent the system from running and you from doing your tests. 

Once the system is compiled into a sof file, you can upload it as many times as you want and when you want to your FPGA. All you need is the Quartus programmer software, and you can use it without any Internet connection. 

--- Quote End ---  

thank you for you kind reply,thank you ! 

I still hava a quertion about the opencore ip .I recently installed a network version of quartus, but there is only the FFT IP core, Why there do not have IFFT IP core?or where can I find it?thank you !
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for you kind reply,thank you ! 

I still hava a quertion about the opencore ip .I recently installed a network version of quartus, but there is only the FFT IP core, Why there do not have IFFT IP core?or where can I find it?thank you ! 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum//proweb/misc/progress.gif
0 Kudos