FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

how can we get the hdl source code of platform design ip

BQi
Beginner

such as multiplex ip, we can find it in install directory.

our end customer would not like to use qsys or platform designner

how can we get these ipcores source code?

捕获.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

If it's not a licensed, encrypted IP, the code is available in the location where you generate the system, by default, a folder named after the .qsys file.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
I See, when we finish to generate the system ,we can get the source code. But what I mean is before you generate the system, we only can find the tcl script in installation folder, can not find the source code, how can we do? We don’t like to use Qsys or platform designer tools. We only instant the entity with the source code would be ok. Such as the module what I notice yesterday, I can find its source in folder.
0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Chuang,

If you want the HDL, you can generate HDL code for IP according you what is desired. Once finished you can start from there, I am not sure if there is other alternative than generating HDL file for IP method.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
If the ipcore in platform designer, before you finish building up the system and generate the system, how can you get the hdl code? I do know if we finish the whole system, we generate the system, we can get the hdl code, but it is too late for us to get the code at that time.
0 Kudos