FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

keernel_system.qsys file is missing

nikhl
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to create the channels and FIFO for the intel arria 10 PAC card for BSP  "a10_ref"  by following the link provided below. After creating the clocks in the board.qsys file, At the followoing step,

"Opening an Existing Intel Quartus Prime Project and the kernel_system.qsys Platform Designer System Design"  , i was unable to find the kernel_system.qsys file in my BSP directory.

Can any one help me to resolve the issue.

@intel 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/per1479756414179.html#mfq1478098150012 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

The kernel_system.qsys is not created because you haven't compiled a kernel without regenerating the custom platform. This is to verify the functionality of the existing reference platform. You may refer to below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/per1479756414179.html#hpq1478091658090

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi Eric,

I have compiled a kernel without regenerating the custom platform, It generated all the files of vector_add except the kernel_system.qsys file. I tried to compile the top.qpf generated by the command "aoc vector_add.cl --no-interleaving" to check the timing and RTL netlist , it is giving errors as shown in the image attached below. 

Basically i am trying to create channels in the BSP  to share data between two FPGAs

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

You may refer to the attached for regenerating the BSP and kernel for OpenCL.

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos