FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

seek for ip help!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello,I use altera opencore ip to download to my hardware,but when I downloading it have the problem about that:is there anybody who know why?thank you very much! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

my problem is that :the problem window: 

click cancel to stop using opencore plus ip 

timing remaining: unlimited 

thank you very much!!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can easily google this. Read: http://www.altera.com/products/ip/design/ipm-design.html and look into http://www.altera.com/literature/an/an320.pdf to get a basic understanding what the OpenCore feature is.  

In short: to try out IP Cores your system must be connected to your PC.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you for your kindly reply,I am sure my IP Cores my system is connected to my PC.but I still have the problem ,why?and I just don't have a evaluate window,is there anything wrong?in fact ,I have read the article you which you have recommended.but I just can't find the answer.can you help me ?thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, so I think you are missunderstanding this. In the PDF it is described very detailed. Do the following: 

If you have build your system and downloaded it into your board, just don't close the window with the message "click cancel to stop using opencore plus ip timing remaining: unlimited" 

In other words described, this message tells you: "you can now use/evaluate the opencore plus IPs in your system, as long as you don't click cancel" 

To work with the open cores you leave that window open the whole time and keep the board connected to the pc the hole time. When you are exactly at that point there is no error, it is the wanted state. 

leave that window alone and start building your NIOS System or whatever you want to test. 

I hope this explanation makes it clearer to you. No error. 

Good luck with your project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much,I just think it is a "problem".it seems that it is not a problem.I will try it again,thank you !

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

sorry to disturb you again.I have a FFT v2.2 IP core,can it still work now?I want download it to the hardware,but I don't know whether it still be allowed to use now.can you tell me the answer thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry I don't know either. If the core supports opencore plus, then there should be no problem.

0 Kudos