FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

what's difference between design environment "System" and "Standalone" in Arria10 PCI Express Hard IP ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi,

In Quartus Pro 19.2, I wantto instantiate a pcie + avmm project for some pcie throught test. But In Platform Designer, there're two different interface view: "System" vs "Standalone" 。

What's their difference ?

if I need to use AVMM to move PCIe data from the Host to FPGA-EP. wjich one should I use ? - "System" or "StandAlone" ?

Pls advise. thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Below is the difference that stated in the user guide:

• The Standalone environment refers to the IP being in a standalone state where all its interfaces

are exported.

• The System environment refers to the IP being instantiated in a Platform Designer system.

For the Avalon MM interface, you can only use SYSTEM as the environment, and yes, it allows you to move PCIe data from the host to FPGA EP.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos