FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

who has the metarial of FIR

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone: 

I want some material about FIR, i just finish the FFT part of my project , next one is do a FIR realize. 

Thanks a million:)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Oppenheim and Shaffer?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

????sorry, I do not understand your meaning , sorry for my English :confused:

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Someone is being cute here. 

If you Google Oppenheim and Shaffer you will be lead to a text book by these two authors on the subject of filters.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you be a bit more specific? What is is you want to know about FIRs? What are you trying to do with them?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Could you be a bit more specific? What is is you want to know about FIRs? What are you trying to do with them? 

--- Quote End ---  

ok thank you first. and my project is such: 

firstly , there are many sampleing data. and i do FFT running. but i know before that , i would better deal with these sampling datas though FIR . but i have no idea have to realize this . could you give me some idea .. thanks a million:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Now I'm really confused. It sounds as if you want to apply an FIR to the data before applying an FFT to it - is that right?  

An FIR is just a convolution on the data stream. If you are already doing an FFT any way, it's normally easier to use the Convolution Theorem and apply the convolution after the FFT, rather than before.  

What is the specific reason that makes you want to do the FIR before doing the FFT, rather than after it? 

If you want to do an FIR instead of an FFT, then my original questions have not been answered: What is is you want to know about FIRs? What are you trying to do with them? Since every application is unique and different, and since there are so many possible complications in implementing FIRs, I can not offer any suggestions until I have more information about what you are trying to do.
0 Kudos