FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

BEMICROCVA9 Board definition File for MATLAB

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new to Altera but have some experience with Xilinx. I just ordered a BEMICROCVA9 dev board last week. I am trying to use the matlab toolbox HDL Coder since I have alot of experience with Matlab. When I get into the Workflow HDL advisor in Matlab, I don't have the option to select the altera board I am working with. I have installed the available support packages for Altera within Matlab. According to the BEMICRO documentation, I am looking for a 5CEFA9F23C8N which doesn't seem to be available in the list of available FPGA boards. 

I have two other options: "Create custom board" or "Add board from file". When I attempt to "create custom board" I don't see the board I have. The only other option left is to "Add board from file". When I look at the Matlab documentation, its looking for a board defintion file (xml). I haven't been able to find this file. Does anyone have experience with Matlab's HDL Coder or able to provide the board definition file? Thanks in advance! 

dave
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

5CEFA9F23C8N is the part number of the FPGA chip on the board, not of the bemicro board itself. I'm not aware of any board definition files for these boards. You should consider it a custom board. Read up on how to define a custom board.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I will look into defining a custom board.

0 Kudos