FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Best way to archive an entire project, logic, qsys, and NIOS software

WShep1
New Contributor II

I am using Quartus Prime 18.1 Lite. I have a project that contains VHDL Logic, a Platform Designer Qsys system, and NIOS Software in the SBT for NIOS. What is the best way to archive the entire project so that I can be resurrected at a later date without a lot of effort?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

From the Project menu, select Archive Project. You can quickly create a .qar file (Quartus archive) or click Advanced to customize what is put in the .qar. That will archive the hardware. For the software, I don't know if SBT has an archiving utility, but you can just zip up wherever you have selected for the location of your application and BSP projects.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
WShep1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response.

I take it that there is not one method to archive both the hardware and software of a project. Is this correct? Do the hardware and software need to be archived separately?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
You can refer to here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd03312009_660.html However, for platform designer, you may zip it because some of the files might not able to archive if you have a different directory than your project directory.
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
Is there any update?
0 Kudos
WShep1
New Contributor II

I closed this SR a couple of days ago. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos