FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5237 Discussions

Best way to archive an entire project, logic, qsys, and NIOS software

WShep1
New Contributor I

I am using Quartus Prime 18.1 Lite. I have a project that contains VHDL Logic, a Platform Designer Qsys system, and NIOS Software in the SBT for NIOS. What is the best way to archive the entire project so that I can be resurrected at a later date without a lot of effort?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

From the Project menu, select Archive Project. You can quickly create a .qar file (Quartus archive) or click Advanced to customize what is put in the .qar. That will archive the hardware. For the software, I don't know if SBT has an archiving utility, but you can just zip up wherever you have selected for the location of your application and BSP projects.

#iwork4intel

WShep1
New Contributor I

Thanks for your response.

I take it that there is not one method to archive both the hardware and software of a project. Is this correct? Do the hardware and software need to be archived separately?

Kenny_Tan
You can refer to here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/soluti... However, for platform designer, you may zip it because some of the files might not able to archive if you have a different directory than your project directory.
Kenny_Tan
Is there any update?
WShep1
New Contributor I

I closed this SR a couple of days ago. Thanks for your assistance.