FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Can we send memory read-write TLP to PCIE Cyclone 4 GX Board using altpcie_demo_64 application obtained in kit?

SRedd11
Beginner

If possible, how should i do simple read-write, when i run , run read or run write in the altpcie_demo_64 application, application is crashing.. Please help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie, The altpcie_demo_64 is only to be used with Windows. Are you using Windows OS or Linux? The application itself only performs MWr and Mrd about 10-25 times. You should also specify the BDF correctly (per your windows system) to avoid the application from being crashed. Please check if you are using Windows OS and specified the BDF correctly. Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos
SRedd11
Beginner

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for response. Yes I am using Windows OS, Windows 7 64 bit. I have developed the codes in VHDL and used .jic file to program Cyclone IV Board.

I didn't use Block Design File(BDF). Also i would like to know, does the demo application send 3DW Memory TLP or do they send 4DW format of Memory TLP.

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie, BDF = bus density function. The demo application is limited to sending single dwords. Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos