FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Current Measurement on Cyclone 10 GX Development Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am studying how the Current Measurement was done on the Cyclone 10GX Development kit. I'm looking at the schematics page 38 and I don't understand what the Sense Pad V1 is and I don't see it on the BOM list. If anyone is familiar with this measurement please let me know the purpose of the SENSE PAD and how would one put it on a design? 

Thanks, 

Joe
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello, I am studying how the Current Measurement was done on the Cyclone 10GX Development kit. I'm looking at the schematics page 38 and I don't understand what the Sense Pad V1 is and I don't see it on the BOM list. If anyone is familiar with this measurement please let me know the purpose of the SENSE PAD and how would one put it on a design? 

Thanks, 

Joe 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Joe, 

According to my view. 

Sense lines are part of 4wire measurements. 4Wire (force, force sense, ground and ground sense) measurement is more accurate in parametric measurements(Example: FIMV). 

1. SENSE PAD here may be used for probing or act as a cuttable trace or to place a component for experimenting. 

2. Sense lines are high impedance lines because of which we can get accurate measurements. 

Previous Thread 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42226 

Hope it helps you. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos