FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

Current license file does not support partial reconfiguration when compiling hello_world.cl

ezeng3
Beginner

Hi:

I am using opencl 17.1.1 Build 593 and Quartus Prime Version 17.1.1 Internal Build 593 under a fixed license of university program. The version is chosen because i have a Cyclone V on the OpenVino Starter Kit.

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=165&No=1159

When i try to compile the hello_world with the below command:

aoc -v -board=c5gt device\hello_world.cl

it seems finish compiling in the opencl part buf fail at the quartus, as shown in the attached quartus_sh_compile.log. The specific error is:

Error (138079): Current license file does not support partial reconfiguration. The Quartus Prime software automatically disabled partial reconfiguration support on all partitions.

Could you please help to advise what need to be changed.

If more information is required, please let me know. Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Can you provide your license.dat file for checking? And you can also reply/attach your license.dat file in private message.

0 Kudos
ezeng3
Beginner

Hi, @AAbd RAhman_Intel​ 

Here comes the license that i have changed to .txt file. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Let me check with Customer Service team regarding this.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Thanks for your patience. Upon checking with Customer Service team, Please advise prof to apply the partial reconfiguration license by going to https://software.intel.com/en-us/fpga-academic/membership-details  and fill up the License Request Form. If you have any question regarding University Program, drop an Email to psg.university@intel.com     

Our university team will help and answer your question.

0 Kudos
ezeng3
Beginner

OK. I will info my Prof. Thank you.

0 Kudos
EthanLiu
Beginner

Hello,

I am thinking about buying OPENVINO starter kit. I accidentally saw you have it. Can I ask you some question? Like.. Is it okay to use or poor support?

0 Kudos