FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX Dev Board Hardware Disable problem

frycoo
Novice

Hello,

I have a brand new C10 GX Dev Board form Intel. After connecting it to the PC using usb cable (J9) and after typin "jtagconfig" in NiosII console I get "Unable to read device chain - Hardware disabled". I tried to connect external USB Blaster II to J11 connector but the message is the same. I have no other programmer connected to my PC and USB Blaster II was disconnected during the test with usb calble. All switches are in default position (according to user manual). What's wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. May I know what Quartus version you using and your PC OS?

0 Kudos
frycoo
Novice

Hi, Thanks,

Currently I'm uing Quartus Prime 19.1.0 Build 240 03/26/2019 SJ Pro Edition (Patches Installed: 0.03). I installed the patch recently. Without it there was an error during installation of on-board usb blaster in PC. Now it installs correctly but "hardware disabled" occurs.

I have installed Quartus 17.1 Lite also.

I'm working on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding, The Intel Quartus Prime Standard and Pro Editions are no longer supported under Windows 7 and replaced with Window 10. You can refer link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html#Table2

An unsupported platform means that some things may work, but others not, and we won't put any resources into debugging or diagnosing. We strongly recommended to use the right OS.

0 Kudos
frycoo
Novice

Thanks,

I'm working on upgrading one of my machines to Win10 and try it out again.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for updating

0 Kudos