FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5241 Discussions

DE0-Nano with Control Panel doesen`t work

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi.I´m new in the Forum and also new in using a FPGA. For my study I will program the DE0-Nano Board.But I started with some problems.I go step by step throw the manual wich comes with the CD. But when I try to connect the Control Panel it doesn´t work.First he told me Quartus is not installed.This Problem i fixed. But now,when the connection to the Board loads and the bar is at 34% its interrupt and say "Failed to connect FPGA Board". http://www.bilderload.com/bild/197292/connectionfailedw2dgm.jpg (http://www.bilderload.com) What is the problem.For me its looked like the board interrupt the connection because a time runs?? I hope somebody can help me.I promise it´s not the last question in the next weeks I think the are other problems during the project. I hope there are not some much mistakes in the text because English is not my native language, I´m from Germany. Thx Stefan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I´m working with Win 7 64bit 

I use Quartus II 11.1sp2 Web Edition (32-Bit) 

and Nios II 11.1sp2 Software Build Tools for Eclipse
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The same happened with me. I loaded sof file using quartus II. After that, Control Panel works properly.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have loaded the .sof File with quartus II->programmer Befor nothing worked after the the bar runs but suddenly interrupted and i don`t know why.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I searched in older posts,but everybody fixed the problem when the loaded the sof file manual. 

But that does not work. Have anybody a other idea???
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

SO everybody with the same Problem.I solved it when I reinstall the Quartus Software from the CD.I load the sof file manual and execute the Control Panel. 

So I think the was something wrong with the installation.