FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5282 Discussions

Data transfer using buffer with (HPS--bridge--FPGA)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the DEO nano SOC and it looks like the Ethernet module is connected directly to the HPS. I can read/write data through the ethernet port... (PC--Ethernet--HPS) using c code. It looks like any data entering the rj45 cable goes through the HPS. The HPS has a fifo buffer system where I can "fread" an array from a file on a PC and get elements from the array as needed. I would like to do something similar with the FPGA component where I can input consecutive integers, use verilog or "block" style code to get data to my gpio ports.  

I am working on the following protocol: 

PC--Ethernet--HPS--bridge--FPGA--gpio. 

I have the first three working and I understand how to get the last two to work.  

Is there an example that allows one to set up the FPGA to read data stored in a fifo buffer where one can get and process it as needed? Is so, please direct me to that source. Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Doug,  

Can you please help me, i dont know where to start from PC--Ethernet--HPS. Please help me. Do you have any tutorials or codes ? Thank you.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have the DEO nano SOC and it looks like the Ethernet module is connected directly to the HPS. I can read/write data through the ethernet port... (PC--Ethernet--HPS) using c code. It looks like any data entering the rj45 cable goes through the HPS. The HPS has a fifo buffer system where I can "fread" an array from a file on a PC and get elements from the array as needed. I would like to do something similar with the FPGA component where I can input consecutive integers, use verilog or "block" style code to get data to my gpio ports.  

I am working on the following protocol: 

PC--Ethernet--HPS--bridge--FPGA--gpio. 

I have the first three working and I understand how to get the last two to work.  

Is there an example that allows one to set up the FPGA to read data stored in a fifo buffer where one can get and process it as needed? Is so, please direct me to that source. Thank you. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am trying to implement similar thing as well but no luck till now. 

Thanks.