FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Error 171172 Detected conflicting assignments

DTruj3
Beginner

Error (171173): Node led[1] from partition Top cannot preserve previous placement at PIN A23 and honor the location assignment to PIN AK29.

I'm using the Cyclone V GT Dev Kit.

In the Pin Planner I changed the location of a node from PIN_A23 to PIN_AK29. Recompiled the design and now I have the "Conflicting Assignments Error."

Why is the Fitter trying to preserve the placement at PIN_A23 when I changed the node location?

What do I need to do to clear this error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

After changing the pin/node location, perform Project-> Clean Project & then Start Compilation.

let me know how it works for you.

Regards,

Vicky

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DTruj3
Beginner

** UPDATE** DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

In the Pin Planner I created a top level design file by overwriting the previous one. Doing this cleared the "Conflicting Assignments Error" but when I recompiled my design I got some new warnings. Now the majority of my timing constraints are being ignored. So I'm sure there is a better way of getting rid of the "Conflicting Assignments Error."

0 Kudos
DTruj3
Beginner

**UPDATE**'

Due to the fact I have no idea what I'm doing, DO NOT CREATE A NEW TOP LEVEL DESIGN!!! It appears I have lost all my code.

0 Kudos
DTruj3
Beginner

**UPDATE**

Apparently the top level design file has to be updated and Quartus does not update on recompile. I had to remove pin assignments by clicking on "Assignments" then "Remove Assignments" check "Pin, Location & Routing Assignments" then click "OK." Now in the Pin Planner reassign the node locations to the appropriate pins and recompile. The Error should go away.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

After changing the pin/node location, perform Project-> Clean Project & then Start Compilation.

let me know how it works for you.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
DTruj3
Beginner

Vicky,

Thanks for responding!!!

I'm have trouble replicating the error. But I'm sure it'll happen again, when it does I'll try cleaning the project and let you know if it works.

0 Kudos
DTruj3
Beginner

Vicky,

Yes, Cleaning the project and recompiling clears the error. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos