FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5152 Discussions

Error with DE0-Nano ADC Controller IP

VToh
Beginner

Hi all:

I am trying to read voltage signals using the ADC on my DE0-Nano-SoC Cyclone V board by referring to "USING THE DE0-NANO ADC CONTROLLER for Quartus II 15.0" tutorial:

In Section 3.3: Implementing the ADC Controller with IP Catalog, I followed all the instructions. However, when I open the DE0-Nano ADC Controller in the IP Parameter Editor, a warning appears: 

"Warning: adc_controller.altera_up_avalon_de0_nano_adc_mega: File C:/altera/15.0/ip/altera/university_program/input_output/altera_up_avalon_de0_nano_adc/hdl/adv_adc.v not found."

When I try to generate the HDL, an error appears due to this missing file and this causes my compilation to fail.

I have tried this on 2 computers and reinstalled Quartus II 15.0 several times but this problem still persists. Anyone knows why?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @VToh

Could you try with Quartus 17.0 as in ftp://ftp.intel.com/Pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/17.0/Tutorials/Using_DE_Series_ADC.pdf

Btw, what Quartus are you using? Lite or Standard?

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, may i know if you still require any assistance?