FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

FlexRAN reference # SCSY-36054 (SIB1 decoding issue)

thorax58
Beginner

Is it possible to get the conditions under which SCSY-36054 occurred (error decoding SIB1 when CellId={1,3,5}) in FlexRAN 20.11).

I'm having a CRC failure when decoding SIB1 using FlexRAN 21.03 but did not see the error under 20.11.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello thorax58

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further and provide the proper information, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Are you referring to IIntel® FlexRAN reference architecture?

2- Are you developing or integrating 5G network devices?

3- Are you using other Intel® components in regards to this request? For instance, Processors or Wireless cards? Could you please provide the exact model of those components?

4- Could you please elaborate more regarding what you are trying the achieve and the issue that you are having?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
thorax58
Beginner

Hi Andrew.  I'm referring to the Intel FlexRAN Reference Architecture, specifically the Release Notes for version 21.03.1 (639554-2.6.1-flexran-ref-solution-sw-release-note-v21.03.1.pdf).  On page 126 there's a known issue in version 20.11 describing a SIB1 decoding error when using CellId={1,3,5} with reference # SCSY-36054.

I would like to know more details about the conditions under which this error could occur.  I did not see this error in 20.11 but am seeing something similar in 21.03, despite it being noted as fixed for 21.03.

I am working on a 5g device using N3000 cards and am trying to do a UE attach.  This works under 20.11 whereas I haven't got it to work under 21.03 yet.

At this stage I'm just doing my own due diligence and would like to know more details about SCSY-36054 to see if it's relevant to my situation.  If it's not, I will pursue the regular support channels.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello thorax58

Thank you for your response and for the details. Please allow us to review this and we will be posting back as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello thorax58

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

In regards to this request, we would like to inform you that we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits Forum in order to route this request to the proper channel of support. Please expect a response from the team within 1-3 business days.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you seems to have some inquiries specific to the FlexRAN 21.03. For your information, FlexRAN is not specific to FPGA. I am currently consulting internal on the right path to route your case to the FlexRAN team.

Just to check with you if you have IPS access? If yes, you can open an IPS case and select FlexRAN product so that it could be routed the FlexRAN team.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @thorax58

After further research and in addition to the information provided by Chee Pin, we would like to inform you that information about Intel® FlexRAN is available through our Resource & Design Center. On this website, you may find technical documentation, software, tools, and support you need to design and build with Intel® products.

Some of the information there it's public and some other information might need special rights, for instance, a Corporate Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA) with Intel.

You need to register first and create an account in order to access the public resources available. Please refer to the Sign-in link.

In regards to your support request, please kindly refer to our  Resource & Design Center, and in case you need to contact the Resource & Design Center support team, there is a persistent prompt throughout the Resource & Design Center website to "Contact Us." This can be used for technical support. Opening this prompt provides a path to a number of support options. You should find an option to "open a support ticket" under "Resource & Design Center Support". For more details, please review How to Get Help - RDC User Guide.

We do apologize for the misunderstanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello thorax58

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos