FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

I want to use SignalTap. When modified the SignalTap, the whole project needs to be recomplied which will take lots of time. I just want to recompile SignalTap part and don't recompile the oeiginal project. How will I realize it? Thanks

KWang97
Beginner

I want to use SignalTap. When modified the SignalTap, the whole project needs to be recomplied which will take lots of time. I just want to recompile SignalTap part after its modification and don't recompile the oeiginal project. How will I realize it? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan
what device that you were using? When you modified the signal tap, there will be additional logic added to the project, so you will have to rerun the full compile.
0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner
Hi Can incremental compilation realize this? If yes, how? Could you please provide details for this? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Incremental compilation will be use full if you have the rapid recompile feature. However, this feature is device specific, you can check whether this option is grey out or not in your Quartus Prime.

0 Kudos
KWang97
Beginner
Hi Is incremental compilation set in picture below? Will I select both the two check boxes in picture. Could you please tell me how to configure incremental compilation in detail? My quartus is prime standard 15.1 and my device is Cyclone V 5CSEBA6U23I7. Thanks! [cid:image001.jpg@01D526BE.1B0594D0]
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
I checked 18.1, you can just used, Processing -> Start -> Start Rapid Recompile for it. The compilation for Signal tap by default should be using this anyway. The time had already reduced with the rapid recompiled. Otherwise, the full compilation will take even longer.
0 Kudos