FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

I2C Remote Upgrade Example for MAX10 (ug151) does not work

AFr12
Beginner

Hello!

I wanted to evaluate the MAX10 Remote Upgrade over I2C (v17.1) with 10M50 and 10M08 Eval Boards, but I was not able to get the NIOS running and communicate over UART.

I could download all .pof and .sof images as described, but the core never responded. I noticed that downloading the NIOS firmware into QSPI flash takes much less time than described in the user guide.I also disabled the VTAP, but it did not work either.

Is there a special 10M50 Eval Board setup required?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, You had a good observation, I am expecting that you didn't choose to erase and write the full QSPI flash. Just writing takes short time but might lead to error or make the design not working. Please check the Quartus programmer and make sure you are programing the QSPI correctly. Regards,
0 Kudos
AFr12
Beginner

Hi!

Thank you for reply!

It looks like the Flash can not be programmed. Verify fails and after blank check it appears to be empty.

Do you have any ideas what could go wrong at this Eval Board?

Regards,

0 Kudos
RVadl2
Novice

@AFr12 Could solve your problem. I am also having same issue. My Flash verify fails after program/configure

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I cannot tell what's wrong in hardware, the design example shows the step by step to run it. I've tied this myself without any issue. please review the steps and ask me if there is any step not clear. Regards,
0 Kudos