FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

MAX 7000 SERIES CPLD Programmer for Win10

software_engineer201

Hi,

I am in search of a Windows 10 64-bit compatible FPGA Download Cable that has MAX 7000 S series CPLD device programming support. I currently have an old USB MasterBlaster programmer but it does not appear to be compatible with the latest Quartus II programming software.

On Intel’s website it shows Quartus II Programmer version 13.0sp1, released in June 2013, as the last Quartus II edition to include MAX 7000 device support. I downloaded version 13.0sp1 and got the program to successfully install on Windows 10 64-bit, but I could not get my MasterBlaster to work with the software. It recognized the MasterBlaster device via USB but it could not find the required “mblaster.inf” driver in the drivers folder of the Quartus II Programmer software. There were drivers shown for Blaster I and Blaster II programmers.

Given the MasterBlaster is a 20 year old programmer, I'd like to purchase a modernized replacement. What FPGA Download Cable do you recommend I purchase that would support both MAX 7000S CPLD programming (.pof file) and the Quartus II Programmer on Windows 10 64-bit OS?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I've used the TerASIC USB Blaster clone:

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=&No=46

on both my Win7 64b and now my Win10 64b systems under QuartusII 13.0sp1 for programming my MAX7000S series devices.

Works just fine. The TerAsic device is much cheaper then the Altera/Intel equivalent.

Available direct from TerAsic, or at distributors like Mouser, DigiKey, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I've used the TerASIC USB Blaster clone:

https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=&No=46

on both my Win7 64b and now my Win10 64b systems under QuartusII 13.0sp1 for programming my MAX7000S series devices.

Works just fine. The TerAsic device is much cheaper then the Altera/Intel equivalent.

Available direct from TerAsic, or at distributors like Mouser, DigiKey, etc.