FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Not able to generate bitstream of design using devcloud

rsing108
New Contributor I

i am trying to generate bitstream for my oneapi code. I have verified it using the fpga emulator. The report generated is also fine with around a maximum of 50% resource utilization in RAM and DSPs. But when I try to create bitstream to run it on ARIA 10 pac then I receive errors like "inappropriate ioctl device for devcloud " and "broken pipe" or it simply hangs up on the process and ssh disconnects.

I tried generating bitstream for a very very small design and that works without any problem.

Any idea why this is happening????

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Can you provide the full error log so that we can have a look.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
rsing108
New Contributor I

Hey Anil,

Thansk for your reply, I am posting a screenshot of the error I get while compiling the design for bitstream generation.

after a while this error shows up. But if I scale the same design to very small using parameters in the design then the bitstream generation goes through but shows this error for bigger designs.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Lawrence_L_Intel
Employee

If you can try this in batch mode we can find out if the session is timing out (default is 6 hours). See this https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/Devcloud_Access_Instructions#54-submitting-batch-jobs and then look at the Quickstart guide: https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OneAPI_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria%2010 . ;let us know if batch mode works. Thanks, Larry

AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know , after following the instructions whether the issue is resolved.

Looking forward for the results.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
rsing108
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply LLand1.

The time out seems to be the problem. I explicitly defined the timeout using "walltime" to a maximum of 24 hours. But it seems my design is even taking more than that. So, it timed out after 24 hours again. But I guess the issue is as you mentioned because of time out only. Is there any way I can launch a session for more than 24 hours?

0 Kudos
Lawrence_L_Intel
Employee

I think you can step it up to 48 hours. can you try? Thanks

0 Kudos
rsing108
New Contributor I

the maximum walltime is set to 24 hours.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Lawrence_L_Intel
Employee

OK I can see whats happening. You are running on the OneAPI queue which is maxed at 24 hours. the FPGA queue which runs OpenCL and RTL flows is maxed at 48 hours. We are investigating updating the walltime. Stay tuned. Thanks!

0 Kudos