FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Stratix V Gen3 x8 Merged Design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am looking to add a BAR register to the "Stratix V Gen3 x8 Merged Design" with IMEM attached to test the Outbound performance . Can any one help with the approach to do this ... I am having problems getting to the point of editing the PCIe IP block with IP Catalog or the function editor ? 

Thanks, Bob.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To edit the PCIe block in IP Catalog, click on Project --> Upgrade IP Components, and select the appropriate PCIe core.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am looking to add a BAR register to the "Stratix V Gen3 x8 Merged Design" with IMEM attached to test the Outbound performance . Can any one help with the approach to do this ... I am having problems getting to the point of editing the PCIe IP block with IP Catalog or the function editor ? 

Thanks, Bob. 

--- Quote End ---  

The "Stratix V Gen3 x8 Merged Design" is created using Quartus II 13.1. I believe you are using Quartus II v14.0 and above which support IP editor. You will need to upgrade your IP using the IP editor before you can use it. You can try to archive your old design, then open the QAR with latest Quartus II ie 15.0. The auto-upgrade will be performed after QAR opened. After that you can use IP editor with your core.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Many thanks I will try that ....

0 Kudos