FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Technology map viewer post-fit equation operators

BMart12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am using Quartus Prime Version : 18.1.1 Build 646 04/11/2019 SJ Standard Edition.  I am reviewing the post-fit map of the design I am debugging.  The logic_cell_comb of interest has the following equation:

<c> write_request~0
 = DATAE & !DATAF # !DATAE & !DATAF & (DATAB & !DATAC $ (DATAD))

I need to know the definitions of the operators # and $.

Is there a list of operator symbols that define the operations?

Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well for what it is worth, in CUPL the logic operators are, in order of precedence (high to low):

!    NOT
&   AND
#   inclusive OR
$   exclusive OR

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hmm I haven't see this before.

May I know where do you get this equation from the technology map viewer?

0 Kudos
BMart12
New Contributor I

I highlighted the  logic_cell_comb box so that the border of the box is red.  I right click and select properties.  The properties display on the left side of the window where the netlist navigator and find windows display.  The properties window has the equation tab.  Shall I send you a screen shot?

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well for what it is worth, in CUPL the logic operators are, in order of precedence (high to low):

!    NOT
&   AND
#   inclusive OR
$   exclusive OR

BMart12
New Contributor I

Thank you.  I was guessing # and $ were OR operations but the symbols do not intuitively indicate which is which.  I looked CUPL up and I can see where it could be used in the mapper process.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

FYI also found this table of operators in the help file for the Altera AHDL language.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/hdl/ahdl/ahdl_elements_arithmetic_expressions.htm

Same definitions of ! & # $ apply.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos