FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

USB Programming Pod works in JTAG but not in Active Serial- fixable?

joe306
New Contributor I

Hello, I have an Altera USB programming pod that works fine in JTAG mode but not in Active Serial mode. These programming pods are not cheap and I would like to repair it if possible. Does anyone know which device on the PCB board that I would need to replace?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
Hi Joe, When you talk about JTAG mode and Active Serial Mode, are you saying that your cable is not able to program the configuration device connected in Active Serial Configuration Scheme as shown at link below? https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf (Page 234) Please clarify. Regards, YL
0 Kudos
joe306
New Contributor I

Hello, the programming pod was working, that is, I could program the EPCQ in Serial Mode and also over the JTAG. I have two headers on my board, one for programming the EPCQ and one header connected to the JTAG pins. Yesterday, I was connected to the JTAG port and had no problems programming the FPGA, but when I tried programming the EPCQ it gave an error message that no device was found. I asked my co-worker for his USB programmer and was able to program the EPCQ. We've seen this before and was able to fix the programming pod but I can't remember what device I need to replace on the programming pod.

Joe

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
Hi Joe, If you would like to fix the usb blaster, you should replace the MAX device in it. Regards, YL
0 Kudos