FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Unable to program my .sof file into the Stratix10 Development Board.

NLewi3
Beginner

Programming my design.sof onto the Stratix10 Development Board the Progress Bar stops at 9% and I received the following 3 messages: "Device has stopped receiving configuration data 18950." "Error message received from device: Device is in configuration state 18948." "Operation failed 209012."  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nik,

This might be due to on-board switches or programming cable. Are you using USB Blaster II? If it so, can you try to change the cable's TCK frequency to 6MHz in Quartus Programmer? Also, can you try to change all the switches to default position on the board?

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
NLewi3
Beginner
After further investigation I am able to load the ‘btsd_config.sof’ for the Stratix 10 Development Board. However, I am unable to generate a .sof file that I can load into the Stratix 10 Development Board. I have a very simple design, an input clock driving a counter which is attached to some output LEDs. The .sof that is generated stops loading at 13% and the error “Device has stopped receiving configuration data. Error message received from device: Device is in configuration state. Operation failed”. I am at a loss as to what the problem could be??? Thanks, Nik
0 Kudos
NLewi3
Beginner

All switches are in the default position with the same result. Tried 6MHz, same result. I can program the 'bts_config.sof' (this .sof is supplied with the Development Board) without any problem. What setting am I missing to generate a proper .sof that I can program into the Startix 10???

Thanks,

Nik

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Nik,

Can you check if you are selecting the correct device OPN in Quartus design?

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos