FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Using SPI on the ltc header Arrow Cyclone V SoCKit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am using the Altera Cyclone V SoCKit. 

I am trying to use the SPI interface on the LTC header on the left side of the board, but I am having trouble connecting to it. 

I wrote a simple c program that opened the "/dev/spidev0.0" device and used ioctl to start a SPI transaction. However, I didn't notice any output on the ltc header pins. 

After more research, I found the example LTC serial DAC and ADC project and found them setting a gpio pin to switch between I2C and SPI. I followed there example, but I still saw no output. 

When I ran the example program, the only time I saw any output on the pins was when the program opened the I2C device and used the write() function. 

If any one has any experience with using the SPI and can offer any help, that would be great. 

thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DChau5
Novice

Hi,

Have you figured out this problem? I'm sorry for bringing up this question again but right now, I am facing more or less the same situation.

I try to use the I2C on the LTC header of my Atlas-SoC board but no result. I am working on bare metal application.

Hope you can give me some hint.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PShar30
Novice

Have you got any solution to your problem with communication through LTC connector. 
I am trying to perform SPI communication through python (using spidev in linux userspace).

please guide me step by step .. I am very new to this FPGA and HPS..

0 Kudos
Cosinus
Beginner

Hi

is your SPI working on the LTC header?

I can't get any output on the header using the SPI in a bare metal application.

Kind regards

Dan

0 Kudos