FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5145 Discussions

Where can I find the pinouts for the Arria 10 SoC Development Kit?

GSagl1
Novice

I have been looking for the assignment names for pins on Arria 10 SoC Development Kit for the last two weeks.

I need to implement a Verilog project using FMCDAQ2 Evaluation board with Arria 10 SoC and I also need to add a UART IP core into the design.

The designs are already done, by which I mean the modules are all designed and ready, but the ADC part of the FMCDAQ2 does not even work somehow, and I can not even find the pin names for UART1 on the board. I can see on the board that the connector is named J10 and the chip is U13, and I have found the schematics, but I can not find the pin names for RX and TX.

Where are the pin assignment names supposed to be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You can refer to this link for the pinout names in different formats for all the devices:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/literature/lit-dp.html

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

GSagl1
Novice

I have looked for UARTA on these, but there is none. On the board there is also a DB9 connector which is names J25 on the board itself, so I can use that as well. What I have is a usb-ttl serial converter cable with 4 pins, RX, TX, 5V and GND (here: https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-to-ttl-serial-uart-rs232-adaptor-pl2303hx.html). I just want to connect that to the FPGA and have my design send and receive data through it. Basically I just need 2 pins, a GND pin and a 5V pin. I really find those pinout files very confusing and non-explanatory.

My device is 10AS066, I would appreciate if you could help me.

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am still working on this, once I get a feedback, I will let you know.

Thank you

Fawaz_J_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Kindly refer to the attached document. For the DB9 connector (named J25), it is UART1 connected to MAX V pin M10 and R10.

1.JPG

2.JPG

For the USB connector (named J10), it is UARTA connected to MAX V pin N5 and P6.

3.JPG

4.JPG