FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5944 Discussions

Years to EOL (Lifecycle) of part - EPCQ16ASI8N

Prat7562
Beginner

Can anyone tell the exact years to EOL for part - EPCQ16ASI8N, I need it on very Urgent basis. Lifecycle is Active but I need how many years it will be Active from December 2022

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Basically, product life cycle is 10 years, but it depends on market demand, some product will have longer shelf life.

Intel will send PDN - Product Discontinuance Notice to all customers (you need to register your email to get the updates) before any product will be EOL. In PDN there is last order date and EOL schedule.

PDN link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/quality/fpga-pcn-pdn-adv.html?s=Newest

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Prat7562
Beginner

Please Tell me the Predicted Years to EOL for PN - EPCQ16ASI8N or else provide me with the email ID where I can get responses from Intel.

<personal information/email removed>

You can mail me regarding the issue.

Please do respond as early as possible

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Nobody can tell you this in public that knows what they are talking about.

Intel might give you some info, but only under strict NDA.

Even then there are a lot of caveats, customer order volume being the main criteria.

Intel will phase out parts when the orders dry up or it becomes not possible to produce the part at a profit.

Or maybe the technology becomes obsolete and the fab shuts down.

For any critical parts in your product you are wise to use multiple sourced parts when possible.

0 Kudos