FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

cyclone3 development board

wully
Beginner
Hi I aquired an "old" ALTERA cyclone3 development board with an EP3C120F780C7 FPGA. When using the "User 7-segment display", device U30 and measuring the signals at SEVEN_SEG_SEL1 (Pin1 of the display) SEVEN-SEG_SEL4 (Pin 6 of the display), I only see 1.95 Volt in the active state, instead of 2.5 Volt. So, the display looks very dark, as compared to the PWR_DIG_SEL1 and PWR_DIG_SEL4 of the Power display, which show a voltage of 2.38..2.4 Volt. So, the power display is sufficiently bright, but the user display is not. The assigned pins for the selections: sel1 from Pin_B3 sel2 from Pin_C5 sel3 from Pin_E4 sel4 from Pin_C3 These pins are set at 2.5 Volt. Why is the on-State so low (1.95V versus 2.38V for the power display)? Thanks for advice
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

That is old device and we no longer support them. I will leave this forum open and let the community help you in this inquiries. 

Thank you.