FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5281 Discussions

pin assignments to GPIO of Cyclone II

SP1
Beginner

Dear Sir/Ma'am got the starter kit of Cyclone II :

I am facing a problem regarding pin assignments. I tried to assign an on-board switch to an on-board LED.
Similarly, I assigned a switch to external pins: GPIO 0 or GPIO 1 plug, but nothing is working ---means I cannot assign any IO's to external peripherals through these plugs. 

INTERNAL : Switch ------- Internal ------ LED  works fine    LED lights if switch on and vice - versa 
EXTERNAL : Switch ------- Internal -------LED  doesn't work   (Switch  is connected to 3.3 Vdc from the board)     

3.3V ____/ ________............._____LED.             

PLEASE can you help me. Can not find any reference to this problem  in manual ---- Pin assignment as per the instruction.

With kind regards,
Sayali Pawar
Electronics Engineer
MIT, Australia
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Did you configure your device according to the guideline on this document? 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyc2/cyc2_cii5v1.pdf (page 78)

SP1
Beginner

I assigned the pins same as we do for internal ones. I am using Version 7 of QUartus II

AminT_Intel
Employee

Have you tried assigning the pins according to IO standards from the link I have provided? Have you tried configure this the same settings to other Cyclone II device?