Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

B365 Chipset Drivers

frickjjay
Beginner

So to start I have a i7-8700 on a ASRock B365M PRO4-F motherboard. I've been having issues with my performance in games for a while now. I believe my issue is when installing the chipset drivers the SOL driver refuses to install. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, I've tried completely wiping the computer to get rid of the drivers to reinstall them with no success. I've recently upgraded my graphics card from a 1050ti to a 3060 but the problems still persist. Can someone help a poor soul?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
frickjjay
Beginner

Here you go!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello frickjjay,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

2. Can you provide more details about the issue? Is it lagging? Is it freezing? Is it crashing?

3. Have you performed any changes to the BIOS?

4. Are you having issues with any game or is it with a specific game? Can you provide a list of games and apps affected?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
frickjjay
Beginner

1. Provided below.

2. At first it was just with certain games, my polling rate on my mouse would affect my performance in games. Severe frame drops when I moved the mouse at all. I figured out installing my chipset drivers was the solution, but my current issue is the SOL driver won't install so this is still on that list of issues. I have a lot of frame skips when I play, such as the game freezing for a solid half a second up to 2 seconds. The only game that has crashed on me is Modern Warfare so far and it's only happened once. 

3. I have but when something has made it worse, I've changed it back. Right now, it should be at default settings. The only thing I usually change is HyperThreading because in the past that has fixed my issue but, now that I have a new graphics card it only worsens it. I've only ever switched it from on to off. I've changed the rate at which my CPU works i'm not sure of the exact name but it had options such as 400mhz, 800mhz (current), and 1ghz. I've also changed off of max performance and non-max performance. Everything should be default right now.

4. Usually it would be every game that wasn't older than 2012 except Minecraft. The issues with massive frame drops due to my mouse polling rate would be games such as Minecraft, Valorant, and eventually Borderlands 2 and Pre-sequel. For games freezing a solid half a second to 2 seconds, this issue happens on every game I play such as, New World, Tiny Tina's Wonderland's, Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, Modern Warfare, Apex Legends, Destiny 2, and Black Ops 3.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello frickjjay, 

Thanks for the information provided. In order to proceed, please try the following:

1. Check the BIOS and the device manager and confirm if the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 is disabled.

2. Try the graphics driver from ASRock:

3. Try to install the Intel drivers:

4. Check with Nvidia to confirm any drivers or firmware updates. Also, check for any hardware issues.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
frickjjay
Beginner

1. It's disabled

2. It doesn't show any graphics driver on that page but I installed everything.

3. Already says I have this installed.

4. Nvidia is all set.

I am still having the frame freeze issues but they seem to have gotten worse. I still think the issue is I can't install all of my chipset drivers or even uninstall them for that matter.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello frickjjay, 

Thanks for your response. Before we continue further, please try the following:

1. Try to enable the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 at the BIOS. Just to confirm if the performance improves.

2. Install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and check for any updates.

3. Check that your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 is properly installed in your motherboard.

4. If possible, try a fresh reinstallation of the operating system.

5. Check with ASRock for further instructions.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello frickjjay, 

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello frickjjay, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos