Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
436 Discussions

Fortnite keep crashing with intel iris xe graphics

Toxyrock
Beginner

I have an i5 1135g7, until chapter 4 season 3 of fortnite everything was fine, but when season 4 came out in the loading screen of play again after a game, fortnite keeps crashing with performance (with dx11 it doesn't crash).

Do you have any solution?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @ Toxyrock

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      Does the issue happen in performance mode or Direct X 12?

2.      Could you outline the specific troubleshooting steps you've already undertaken to address this issue?

3.      Have you had the opportunity to test a different GPU to see if the problem persists?

4.      Is this issue consistently occurring in a particular scenario or does it seem to happen randomly?

5.      Could you please share screenshots or videos of the problem? This will help us determine if the issue is related to our drivers or the graphics card itself.

6.      In a previous interaction, we suggested some FPS improvement measures for Fortnite. Did you implement those suggestions, and if so, did they yield any positive results?

7.      Is this issue exclusive to Season 4 of the game, or have you also encountered it during Season 3?

Also, please provide us with the SSU report. Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file. This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

We want to let you know that we've already done some testing on this problem in our lab. Our team used an i7-1185g7 with 16GB of RAM, and we played Fortnite on the lowest settings possible, turning off everything that could be turned off. We were able to consistently achieve over 60fps without any issues.

We're aware that others have reported similar problems, and we're actively working on finding a solution. In the meantime, we'll do our best to assist you further with your specific situation.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Toxyrock
Beginner

So:

1. the dx12 is not available, and this problem only appears with the performance

2. i tried with some tweaks and stuff, i then tried to remove the various fortnite crash logs, i should try to install the various c++ runtimes but i'm not at home this weekend..., then as i specified this happens only with the performance, instead with the dx11 it doesn't happen (even if it is unplayable due to the numerous stutters and drop frames but this is nothing new...)

3. I don't have any dedicated gpu or other igpu....

4. this always happens after a game in the battle royale after pressing get ready without going back to the lobby... (just pressed and found the game the loading screen appears and after 10 sec it freezes and crashes...)

5. sadly as i mentioned before i am not at home this weekend but as soon as i get back on monday i will be happy to provide a video of the problem, same goes for reporting with SSU

6. unfortunately, I had already tried all the suggestions recommended in the last post (some taken from other conversations on the intel community, others from various reddits and various sites...), but none of them managed to improve the fps issue, where drop frames persist (below 60) along with some stutters. I recently also tried with a windows 11 custom iso (where I removed all the apps and processes together with various drivers and then put them back manually) but it didn't improve anything, so i deleted it and put back the original windows 11 iso and i finally gave up...

7. this problem only appeared with the last season (chapter 4 season 4) and in season 3 there was no this problem

0 Kudos
BorysD
Beginner

The same problem is happening to me too. I have an Intel Asus Vivobook 14x laptop, i5-12500H with 8gigs ram and 512Gb SSD (ram in single channel mode, so Iris Xe is marked as UHD), the game crashes in Performance mode, in DX11 everything is fine, except that playing with DX11 is impossible. After the first game in normal mode (zero build, battle royale or even horde rush), I press "continue," see the loading screen, and even see the initial frame from the bus lobby location, but the game doesn't enter, error screen appears. It started with Season 4, everything was fine before. I've tried everything, from reinstalling the game to OS optimizing, no idea how to fix it.

upd. Epic Games support received my game crash logs (dxdiag, msinfo and in-game info) and post this:
"After checking the information you've provided, we noticed that your game crashes with an error "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" - this error implies that your OS stopped detecting the drivers which caused the game to crash.
In this case, you should contact your graphics card support (Intel, since you are using the integrated card)"

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @ Toxyrock

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for sharing all the details with us. We look forward to receiving the SSU report once you're back home. Have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Toxyrock
Beginner

I'm back, here's the report with SSU and the fortnite crashing video recorded this morning

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Toxyrock

Regarding this issue, we would like to recommend running the Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. Once you run the tool, you should install the latest driver 31.0.101.4672 released yesterday. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Toxyrock
Beginner

Nothing has changed, it keeps crashing...

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @ Toxyrock

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @ Toxyrock

Thank you for your patience.

Following our analysis of the findings, we will be conducting a laboratory experiment aimed at replicating the identified issue. As soon as we gather additional insights from this experiment, we will promptly provide you with an update.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Toxyrock
Beginner

So, any updates?, it's been 4 days and I haven't heard from you anymore...

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @ Toxyrock

Thank you for your patience.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response. After investigating your concern, it appears to be connected to HSD 22018675287, which pertains to the "Visual Stutter observed during Fortnite gameplay with DX12."

We want to assure you that we've already reported this issue to our dedicated driver development team, under the bug ID 22018675287. While we cannot provide a specific timeframe for a resolution at this moment, we are committed to keeping you informed. Any updates or fixes regarding this problem will be promptly communicated through our community thread and in upcoming driver release notes.

As we've escalated this matter to our driver developer team, please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or require assistance with anything else. If not, kindly let us know, and we'll be happy to close this thread for you. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
OmegaMalkior
Beginner
I’m sorry but what? Why was this issue attached to a DX12 issue when Iris Xe is even supported in DX12 Fortnite anymore?
0 Kudos
Toxyrock
Beginner

Thanks for the reply and for reporting the bug to the driver development team, at the moment I have no further questions and if in the future I need to report other problems I will write another post.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Toxyrock

We appreciate your response.

As there are no further questions or concerns, we will now proceed to gracefully close this thread. If you ever require assistance or have more inquiries in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing our services, and we wish you a wonderful day ahead.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos