Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Game issues in Return to Moria

Atheoin
Beginner

Hallo Intel Team!

I would like to ask, is there any future plan to support or to officially test the game "Return to Moria" on ARC graphic cards?

I am playing this game and community itself is slowly getting bigger. For now the Game runs "alright". However, there are some issues with lighting within the game and possible performance losses (comparable to the peers on other gaming platforms).
It would be awesome to get some driver updates concerning this game. Still, I do understand, that Intel Team is already doing everything to please the Arc customers, so if You cannot do much about this game, I surely can understand. 

My PC Specs:

1. Graphics drivers: 32.0.101.5768
  2. Return to Moria (Epic), in Fall 2024 will be available on Steam too. 
  3. My system:
    • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X.
    • ASRock Intel Arc A580
    • Asus Prime X370-A (Bios 6203).
    • 32 GB RAM (DDR4-3200).
    • Windows 10 Pro 22H2 .
    • Power Supply 900W.
  4. The issue: 
    Sometimes and in some cases artifacts occur during the gameplay, but they occur and disappear very fast and unexpected. I cannot say that this is a big problem, but it should be mentioned.
    Concerning the lighting: it seems to me, that lighting on other graphic cards is more responsive. Meaning: the world within the game is not contrasted too much, which leads to very dark areas (despite building lanterns, etc). It is very hard to discern some areas in such circumstances. 

Thank You!
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ernesto_C_Intel1

Hi Atheoin,

Thank you for reaching out through Intel Communities.

I see that you are at Arc driver 101.5768 and as of this writing, the latest is 101.5971 and maybe you want to try that out. I suggest doing a DDU to cleanly uninstall the existing driver in safe mode. You can follow this link for instructions.

It is also good to check if SAM (Smart Access Memory) and "Above 4G Decoding" are enabled in the BIOS. This is similar to ReBAR for Intel motherboard/processor systems. I checked online and it shows that it supports it with appropriate BIOS update. Arc GPUs works best with ReBAR or SAM enabled in the BIOS. You can follow this guide to help you with this - What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It?

Now, when you say artifacts occurring, what exactly are you seeing? As you said, it is very fast to occur and disappears fast and unexpected. As an option, you can try to record while playing by using the "Capture" option from Intel Arc Control under "Studio" then you can just replay the video to the point where the artifact happen and send back that screenshot. Sending a screenshot of the lighting that you mentioned is also appreciated.

Lastly, I'd like to get a screenshot of the game/display graphics settings you are using for Lord Of The Rings: Return to Moria.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you!

Best Regards,

Ernesto

Intel Customer Support Engineer

Atheoin
Beginner

Hi Ernesto,

I was put a bit under pressure to answer faster, because Moderators wanted to close this thread.
Pretty much I did everything You have said: updated Arc driver (101.5972). The main BIOS (SAM and Above 4G) options were set on enabled from the day one.  ReBar too.

Approximately a week ago the Game received big update and lot of issues I mentioned earlier were improved. I think many things were game related (I really hope, that this was an issue and not the graphic card). That is the reason for my "not answering" because I wanted to test game with the new update properly. 

As for now I could not see any artifacts reappearing and lighting improved greatly. The developers addressed these issues with the last patch stating that there is still  room for improvements. Some other issues are there, but I believe that these are not graphic card related. Whether this graphic card posses a potential to be more effective within this game in general, I cannot say. Still, it would be nice to have official game support.
I only noticed that lighting get better if I play at max. res. 1080p (as visible in the screenshot). The card can handle larger resolutions but somehow lighting gets weird and too unpredictable.

If I find more time (momentarily I am busy with my kid 24/7) and if these or new issues stay, maybe I will make a video about it as You suggested.

Thank you for your time!
Very appreciated!
Dragan (Atheoin)

0 Kudos
RandyT_Intel

Hello Atheoin,

I hope you had the opportunity to review the information our engineer posted. At your earliest convenience, please let me know so we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter efficiently. 

Randy T

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RandyT_Intel

Hello Atheoin,

Since I haven't received a response from you, I will be closing this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Randy T

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos