Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
449 Discussions

Gaming Laptop X15– Screen goes dim like this. (Pictures below)

User25
Beginner
Hi there,

Firstly wanna apologise if I have the wrong thread location.

One year and three months ago, I had purchased Intel X15.
Worked great as a gaming laptop, Upon purchasing I did choose to upgrade with another SSD and another 16GB.
Fast forward to roughly 50 days ago, I had ran into issues, display would dim example given in the picture.
It would slowly to start to lose its image.
I would restart it and would fix it temporarily.
I reached out to the place I bought it as it was still under warranty for two years, I was given the same laptop, just different model number.
Fast forward to 25 days later, I started to have the same exact issue.

- Display has been updated.
- GPU has been updated.
- Windows been updated

Any actual solutions? I have contacted the place I bought it from and they just said it’s still under warranty and to send it back.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi User25,

Thank you for creating a thread in Intel Communities.

I am humbly sorry to know that you have experienced this issue on two laptop units. Rest assured, we will thoroughly check what is happening on your concern and provide you a lasting solution.

For this reason, please allow us to ask the following questions:

1. Do you experience the issue on the welcome screen of your laptop after turning it on? Additionally, if you know how to enter your system’s BIOS, have you also observed the issue there? If you have noticed the screen behavior there, please contact your place of purchase to get a replacement.

2. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

We will wait for your post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi User25,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi User25, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos