Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
360 Discussions

Marvel Spiderman on Intel Iris Xe (Onexplayer)

Mastertiti
Beginner
Hello,

The latest beta driver update (31.0.101.3616) solves a lot of problems, especially in terms of FPS. Despite everything, there are still some rather curious graphical issues:

During cutscenes, large black and/or bright pixels appear on the characters, a priori where the shadows or reflections should be.
In night mode it's a disaster. Almost all of the reflections on buildings, puddles and certain costumes appear in red. Except when the character is at the top of the buildings there is not this defect (certainly because at the top there are no reflections). No faults in day mode either.

Windows 10 is up to date and I reinstalled the drivers properly. Also I tried to play with many parameters but the defect remains.

No one has encountered this problem?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this behavior present on the stable version?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. Does this happen with other games? If so, which games?

4. Does this happen with the driver from the computer manufacturer?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Mastertiti
Beginner
Hello and thank you for answering me,

1. I don't know if this behavior is present on the stable version because the stable version did not allow me to play correctly.

I use something that can be considered a laptop computer, an Onexplayer (console under Windows). On my living room pc I do not encounter this problem (i7, RTX 2070)

I don't have this problem with other games.

With the original manufacturer drivers, I don't know. The game is completely unplayable and crashes.

I asked the question on reddit and facebook pages. I am obviously not the only one in this case. Others encounter these same problems on their Onexplayer Intel 1195G7.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that is investigating this behavior (under Bug ID 16017468693), and in order to continue with the investigation, please provide the following:

1. Is there any error code or does the game just close without any error?

2. Do you have any logs from the game when it happens?

3. Does the issue occur with the drivers from onexplayer?

4. When you use the beta driver and say it fixes a lot of issues, does it include the crashes?

5. what are the issues remaining with the Beta driver?

6. Was it working before or has it never been done since the first time?

7. Is the onexplayer running the latest Firmware/BIOS?

Also, as a test, you can try to turn off the setting 'Lens Flares' under camera effects.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Mastertiti
Beginner

Hello and thanks again to follow the problem

1. There is no error code or forced closing of the game. It is just a graphical issue....

2. ...so i have no log reports

3. I use the latest drivers from Inel. Those of Onexplayer are really old and not adapted

4. The latest beta drivers allow to play Spiderman with a sufficient number of FPS, fix lighting errors and also fix a bug that made it impossible to continue the game at a certain time.

5. The latest beta drivers are only a concern for graphical bugs

6. The game was working very badly at the start (FPS) but there weren't a priori these shadow and reflection bugs

7. I haven't updated the Bios of my Onexplayer and I wouldn't try because it's the only game that's causing problems

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I will proceed with the investigation and I will let you know about any updates as soon as I have any details for you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti, 

Thanks for your patience. In this case, if the recommended steps (turn off the setting 'Lens Flares' under camera effects.), I recommend you wait for the fix on future releases.

Bear in mind that we are working on a fix for this behavior under bug ID 16017468693. Since this was reported and we are working on it, let me know if is fine for you to close this thread.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Mastertiti
Beginner

Hello,

I hope that a driver update will arrive soon....

The problem is still present and unfortunately prevents me from playing it.

So no, other than this huge problem, I don't need any assistance at the moment

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Mastertiti, 

Thank you for your confirmation. I am sorry to know that the issue persists, I recommend you to keep an eye on our download center for updates.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you face any other issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
lewis2023
Beginner

hello its now 2023 and still no update on the driver fix. also its happening on miles morales too

0 Kudos