Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
488 Discussions

Mouse stutters and skips frames but not in game.

brokenmyth2487
New User

Hi, 

I am using Intel i7-8700 along with Amd Radeon RX560 on a Asus Prime B365M-K motherboard. I have been facing an issue for a while now and that is that my mouse cursor skips frames and stutters when I am on the desktop or even when I am browsing. Funnily enough, the stutters are not present in any game like Valorant. I am only facing the stutter and choppy cursor mouse skips on desktop or during other tasks. I tried opening up paint and drawing circles with a brush but whenever there is a frame skip, there is a straight line which is being drawn to the next frame. I will drop a video attachment. I have tried a lot of things like clean installing windows, upgrading to windows 11, using DDU to uninstall and reinstall drivers, increasing tdrdelay, disabling mpo but I still have no luck. I hope to get some solution moving forward. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JedG_Intel

Hello brokenmyth2487,

Thank you for posting at Intel Community Forum

For me to properly address this concern, please share the following details:

1.Did you make any recent changes to the system?

2.What is the full model of the motherboard?

3.Have you checked your CPU, GPU, and RAM usage while experiencing the issue?

4.Are you running any background applications that might be consuming resources?

Additionally, to have a better understanding of your system components please generate System Support Utility (SSU) report. Please follow instructions here and send the report - How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

We hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Jed G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JedG_Intel

Hello brokenmyth2487,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Jed G.

0 Kudos
JedG_Intel

Hello brokenmyth2487,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jed G.

0 Kudos