Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
384 Discussions

Valorant lagging with intel drivers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i have an Intel Iris Xe driver. I bought this laptop like 3 months ago and since then whenevr i play valorant i always have lag spikes, it drops from 120 fps to 3-4 fps randomly. Ive tried searching on reddit and in some other sites but i cant seem to fix the problem, even on the lowest settings possible. I have updated my drivers but that didnt seem to fix the issue. Ive made a clean installation of the latest driver too.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Does this issue happen with other games or only in Valorant? 

Please attach an Intel SSU to have better background information on your system in general: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

It only happens on valorant games like csgo work fine

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the information and report provided. 

In that case, Perform a clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver. If it doesn't work, try this step using your System Manufacturer's driver instead. 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation and doing the clean installation process without internet connection. 

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dont seem to provide drivers :[

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, it also happens  with csgo for some reason but the lag spikes are much smaller and seem to affect both game and computer

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The manufacters drivers page seems to be in maintainence so il wait for that, i have performed a clean install it didnt work.

Il see if there are any imcompatibities and check with the system manufacturer
Once the site is up again i will get you updated, btw thanks for you help i apreciate it

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Just to confirm, is the whole computer affected by lags or only CSGO and Valorant? 

Please attach a new Intel SSU report so we can investigate further. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous   

I hope you are doing great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to review my previous post.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i answered like 3 times

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for your reply. 

However, in my previous post, I asked for an Intel SSU report so I could investigate further this issue and it hasn't been provided yet, hence I followed up on this thread. 

Also, I would like to recommend you check this article that has recommendations about Valorant FPS issues: Frame Rate Issues with Valorant on Driver Version 27.20.100.8587 or Higher 

Please let me know how it goes. If the issue persists, please provide the Intel SSU report needed so we can continue. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to review my previous post.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ssu scan again

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have provided an Intel SSU report a long time ago if you scroll up the file is there but i will drop it here again >:/

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the new report. 

I am aware that you provided an old SSU report previously, but for cases like this and investigations, we need updated reports, especially when making changes in your system, that's why our team requests updated SSU reports. 

Just to confirm, did you check the article I previously shared? Frame Rate Issues with Valorant on Driver Version 27.20.100.8587 or Higher. If yes, what were the results?

Please be aware that we need confirmation of the steps done and recommendations followed, it's part of troubleshooting an issue.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, i understand.

When i click on that link it redirects me to the support page ("https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html")

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous  

Thank you for the notice, I will report it. 

You mentioned that this issue happens randomly. Can you please provide an approximate time when this fps drops happens? What are the settings that you have currently in CSGO and Valorant?

We would like to try to replicate issue.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you want to continue investigating this issue with us and provide us the information we need.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Anonymous    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. I hope you could see my last post. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos