Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
436 Discussions

Weird encounter on Intel's IRIS XE :) Again

CryoLexis
New Contributor I

This time it isnt a massive issue, the game is very much playable at 40fps  avg. But im encountering issues on 2 games Jurassic world evo 2 and CRSED FOAD. The problem is that i could launch the game with my laptop unplugged, and id get around 35fps in the loading screen. I can plug it in and get 55fps. I wouldn't think much of it, but once i go into a game plugged in or not, fps always drops a minute or two later (from 40fps to 25 to sometimes 19 when plugged in and lower when unplugged). Then itd work smoothly again once i either plug in the unplugged laptop or unplug it and then replug the charger. I assumed it was a battery plan issue, but after looking around i cant seem to fix the problem. Its not game-breaking but its inconvenient for both games, so id like assistance.  

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, I will gladly assist you here. 

1. Was it working before? 
  2. What is the exact model of your laptop? 
  3. Where did you get the video games (Steam for example)? 
  4. Is it possible for you to send us a video showing the issue itself so we can replicate it? 
  5. Have you tried updating the graphics driver to the latest version? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

1. Yeah without a problem, i hadnt noticed prior to now.
2. A DELL INSPIRON 5502
3. Both affected were from steam.
4. I dont think so, it always breaks my frames and causes a lot of lag, and even crashes. Im not totally into getting a new software either.
5. Not yet, but ive found updating has never helped me in the past.

Ive gotten the intel ARC CONTROL panel but it wont add my games, only a few appear. I thought maybe it might fix it but it hasnt.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Thank you for the information provided.  

You can try a clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver. If it doesn't work with the Intel generic driver, try this step with your System Manufacturer's driver (make sure to choose correctly the OS). 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation and doing the clean installation process without internet connection. 

Note #2: Since you have a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Regarding the games not getting detected, you can try the following steps or add the games manually if there are a few games missing: 

1. Update the graphics driver
  2. Uninstall Intel Arc Control. Refer to How to Uninstall Intel® Arc™ Control 
  3. Reinstall Intel Arc Control. Refer to How to Install Intel® Arc Control 
  4. Add games manually: 
    1. Launch Intel Arc Control. 
    2. Click on Games tab. 
    3. Click the + sign to manually add the game. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Thank you. I've just updated my drivers to the latest version. I'm not sure about the second note though, but i'll check it out see what i can do. But I havent tested the note #1 so im not sure if its fixed the issue. I'll get back to you as soon as i find out if its fixed. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Of course, I am glad to help you.  

Let us know if you need further assistance, I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Hey, so i tested it on a few games such as the originally affected JWE2 and minecraft, because i was getting the feeling all my games were affected, but now it sometimes seems like the charger no longer adds anything to performance, nothing too sudden, so im guessing its possibly alright. But im not sure its a solution, cause i think i can still see it here and there suddenly when plugging in an unplugged game. But i'll let you know if it returns fully. Thanks

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

it turns out my driver had actually not updated, but reinstalled itself. Despite the fact i downloaded the latest version from april 25, and it said in my install history that the update was succesful. but device manager shows the same old version, and intels support assistant is sending me notifications to update. I dont know how my performance improved, but im guessing it somehow glitched and reinstalled itself. Ill reinstall it once more to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Did it work? Could you reinstall it? 

In any case, could you please provide us with an Intel® SSU report to check your system? 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

I did update it, but it seems it made it worse. Now all my games are affected possibly even the entire pc, minecraft fps goes from 100 to barely 30 with shaders enabled. Then it fixes itself when I plug or unplug and-replug the laptop. I really need help, here is the ssu result. Please let me know the fix, its unplayable at this point. COD fps drops from 60 to 18, my Nvidia gpu was broken when I bought the laptop, I dont wanna have to play like this with the only gpu I have left.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Just to confirm, have you tried your System Manufacturer's driver already? Does the same issue happen with your System Manufacturer software? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

At the time of your previous post I had not installed system drivers, but I have now. Will update about anything that happens when i test a game. Thanks

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

The issue persists. Seems the updates didnt really help any other ideas? Ive also realized that half the options in advanced power plan management is missing, including the high performance option. I dont know whats causing this, but It might be a setting there. Do u have any new fixes

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Thank you for the updates. 

In this case, there is a new graphics driver version (31.0.101.4369) released recently, can you try it and let me know the results? 

If the issue persists even after this update, please provide us with a new Intel® SSU report to investigate further this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis 

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Updating my drivers has not helped. Installed both graphics and the latest device drivers. Nothing has improved, as I have stated earlier. I will attach a new SSU once I have completed it. But at this point, I'm starting to hate gaming on this device, everything used to work so well. Now it's barely possible to enjoy a single game without constantly unplug-replugging my laptop. Its taking from my experience, and I'm not capable of purchasing a new device. I really need assistance, and updating the drivers have not helped. Please, do you have any other options I can try? I ran dells support assistant scans on my device graphics drives cpu and battery and it found no problems. I dont know whats going on.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

As previously requested, please provide us with a new Intel® SSU report to investigate further this issue.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @CryoLexis    

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos