Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

İntel High Gpu Usage

Burukay
Novice

Nowadays actually after the windows update gpu usage (intel entegrated) is unstable. There are two applications DWM.EXE and CSRSS.EXE they both casue of the high usage. İn addition When I move the mouse cpu usage increase immediately. unfortunately the worst side when I play a video game both gpu work at the same time any suggestions by the way most of the usage is 3D usage please help 

System i7 10th gen 

İntel UHD 

Nvida 1065 ti 

7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Burukay

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- How are you monitoring and determining that the Intel® integrated graphics is having "high GPU usage"? What is the GPU percentage load? Please provide details.

2- Replicate the behavior and provide the following screenshots from Windows* Task Manager:

• Processes tab (make sure both processes dwm.exe and csrss.exe are captured in the screenshots)
  • Performance tab

3- Please elaborate more regarding the "Windows update" that occurred before the issue started. Was it a major update? Was it a regular update? Do you know the KB (Knowledge Base) update number?

4- When you said "When I move the mouse CPU usage increase immediately", do you mean "just moving the mouse over random operating system components on the screen? Moving over specific apps/components? Or do you mean when clicking or right-clicking? Also, how much does it increase? Please provide details.

5- Regarding your comment: "when I play a video game both gpu work at the same time", what is the specific issue with this behavior? What would be the expected/desired behavior? Is this happening with all the games you play or with specific games? Please provide examples of the games and replication steps.

6- As per third-party websites, the process csrss.exe is responsible for console windows and the shutdown process and it is used by other process/apps that "call a function involving console windows, process/thread creation, or side-by-side support".

Are you using any "SSH and/or Telnet client and terminal emulator" or any other app that executes in Console mode?

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Burukay
Novice

First of all I updated for multiple times (intel uhd) but windows or intel one of them want the upload  previous version which was probably relased 1/20/2021 in addition yes thats true when ı move the mouse gpu usage increase immediately something goes wrong here

Secondly When I play a game both display adapters work on the backgorund. And Dwm.exe and csrss.exe thy both using intel gpu for 3D  I optimized some options on Nvida Control panel but still the same

İ will upload Screen Shot and SSU text here I hope it would be more understandable for you 

Thank you for Answering Have a nice day

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Burukay

Thank you very much for your response.

We would like to clarify some details regarding this matter.

1- Regarding the "high GPU usage", we don't really see high usage as it was ranging from 7% to 12% based on the images provided. Could you please provide these screenshots but replicating the issue (taking the screenshots when the behavior is happening and "high CPU usage is occurring).

Also, how often that this behavior happens? What is the GPU utilization that is achieved?

2- In addition, it is still not clear how much the GPU usage increases when moving the mouse. Is the high GPU usage just a spike or a sustained load? Please kindly provide specific information/details.

3- Are you using any "SSH and/or Telnet client and terminal emulator" or any other app that executes in Console mode?

4- Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Burukay
Novice

Hi Andrew Thank you for answering me. I just realised last intel display driver update was done by windows and I think there is something with that  ı updated for many times but windows update always trying to update same version. As well this version is not avaliable for my computer                  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30439?v=t   this is version and I think its not for computers. I just wanna ask what might be the reason ı wıll upload the photo and BİOS might be the problem ??? Thank you from now. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Burukay

Thank you for your response.

The driver in the link that you shared is a customized graphics driver for Intel® NUC 11 Compute Element, driver version 27.20.100.9219.

It is known that Windows sometimes pushes for a specific driver version if they think it is the proper and customized driver for the system. This driver could be a customized driver provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM) to Windows. Intel does not control Windows* Updates drivers so we would recommend checking this further with Microsoft* Support.

Based on the screenshot you provided, we noticed the system is running driver version 27.20.100.9219. In this case, we recommend trying a clean installation of the driver following these steps:

1- Download the latest customized driver from your OEM's* website from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel Graphics Driver version 26.20.100.7642.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the section Display adapters and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® UHD Graphics or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded file (in step 1) to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the issue persists, you can repeat the process using the latest Intel® generic driver (.exe file) from this link: Intel® UHD Graphics driver for 10th Gen Intel® Processors, version 27.20.100.9466.

Also, it seems that we are still missing important information requested in previous posts that was required in order for us to check the "High GPU usage" behavior. If the problem persists, we would really appreciate it if you can provide the information requested:

1- Screenshots replicating the issue (taking the screenshots when the behavior is happening and "high CPU usage is occurring).

2- How often that this behavior happens? What is the GPU utilization that is achieved?

3- How much the GPU usage increases when moving the mouse. Is the high GPU usage just a spike or a sustained load? Please provide specific information/details.

4- Are you using any "SSH and/or Telnet client and terminal emulator" or any other app that executes in Console mode?

5- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and please provide us with the report.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

6- Provide a new Intel® SSU report.

This information is important to understand better the behavior. If you have difficulties getting this information, we recommend contacting Intel® Customer Support directly through chat or phone so our team can offer you remote assistance and help to gather this information and provide additional support. Here is the "Contact us link".

Please make sure to select your country or region and to contact us within your local business Support hours. Also, feel free to refer to this post once you contact Intel Customer Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Burukay

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.  If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back and kindly provide us with the information previously requested.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Burukay

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos